Although it is one of the most important details, lighting is frequently overlooked while planning a wedding. Often we focus on the decorations to cover the walls, tables and everywhere in between, but nothing transforms a space or sets the mood for your wedding like the right lighting. String lights, colored lights, LEDs, candles, light bulbs and lanterns create ambiance and add warmth to indoor as well as outdoor wedding alike. A big influence on the atmosphere of your wedding reception will actually be how the space is lit.
In the past decades, we have been fairly limited on ideas for beautiful event lighting, but more recently event planners and couples have begun incorporating myriad of lighting to add that charm to wedding décor and set the mood for guests. From sparkling chandeliers to twinkling string lights, the right wedding lighting can carry out your style and create an unforgettable ambiance.
This WEDLOCK Planner post is full of stunningly creative ways to illuminate your reception, so be prepared to get inspired!
- A mix and match of candles and floating lanterns among thick strands of tulle makes for one bewitching ceiling.
- Jazz up an intimate outdoor affair with bistro lights hugging tree trunks and dangles with its branches.
- Bring glam and understated gold ambiance by hanging chandeliers to a sleek, elegant table in an outdoor reception.
- Drape a high ceiling of wood with bunting lights beaming in a scalloped fashion, creating a romantic mood and an amber ambiance.
- Putting lanterns as a centerpiece is a charming way to light up a country chic table setting and let those garlands of jasmine vines and eucalyptus shine.
- Bring a warm radiance to rustic wooden farmhouse tables with crystal chandeliers, subtle up lighting, and soft, peach sheers.
When it comes to perfecting and customizing that special glow, the options are endless. Want chic style lighting? Consider adding decadent hues to your reception space with sleek and colorful uplighting. Hosting a rustic affair? Hang bistro lights by draping the wooden ceiling rafters in your venue. Tying a knot in a mandap? Flickering candles will complement a religious ceremony. From the expected to the unexpected and the whimsical to the chic, the choice is yours.
While selecting your lighting or working with an event planner if you decide to take that route, consider that it not only contributes to the wedding atmosphere, but also acts as décor.
- You can also take a cluster of chandeliers to brighten the reception tables, they also serve as an elegant overhang. There’s no need to splurge on decorative accents or wedding flowers to adorn your wedding reception’s venue ceiling when you can kill two birds with one stone!
- Lighting can also define the extra décor you do To highlight and accentuate certain details, think pin spotting which uses narrow beams of light – like those centerpieces your florist worked so carefully to design.
Moreover, good wedding lighting can also help your photographer to capture the most stunning details and moments of the big day – from the stills of the gorgeous intimate details to the snaps that showcase the mood of your wedding to romantic portraits of you and your groom lovingly silhouetted against flickering lights.
We are head over heels for these stunning pictures of twinkling backdrops, vibrate paper lanterns, light bulb pathways, and fun – and we know you will be, too. Keep reading for radiant lighting set ups and more amazing wedding planning ideas for your own big day, and don’t forget to share these ideas with your friends who are planning to rock their D-day!